- Rockcod mania today! Limits of BIG olives and blues for all plus crew. Lost 4 NICE lingcod to 20 pounds. Air temp 65 degrees, crystal clear. 73 fish.
- Instead of wasting time looking for salmon we went right for the rockcod grounds and hit pay dirt. Smacked BIG blues and olives. Lingcod not on the bite today. Limits for all plus crew limits. Air temp 67 degrees, crystal clear. 77 fish.
- Looked for salmon for a couple hours then after catching/releasing one short fish we went in for rockcod and hit them big time. Limits for everyone plus crew fish of the biggest blues and olives of the season. Air temp 65 degrees, crystal clear. 72 fish.
- Went nearshore today and after 30 minutes of drifting and looking we ran into BIG schools of BIG blues, olives and blacks. Limits plus crew limits of rockcod and a nice lingcod.
- Tried for salmon without luck so went in for rockcod before the winds blew. Nice quality BIG blacks, blues and reds.
- Picked up where we left off yesterday but the salmon bite died again! We did get two nice salmon to 20 pounds in the boat. Other boats averaged zero fish so we were lucky.
- Went straight for rockcod today and got into the olives big time! Got a call that some salmon may have come in the area in 200' of water so picked up and ran over and as soon as we dropped in we got hit with a quad! Four rods had fish but only two fish got in the boat. That was it! Guess where we're starting tomorrow?
- Since salmon has slowed to a crawl we headed first into the rockcod grounds. Great catching today with BIG olives, blues and blacks and vermillion to 6 pounds. Heard on the radio salmon counts were 0 to 1 fish per boat. We made the right call.
- Another try for salmon with zero fish in 3 hours so headed into the lincod and rockcod grounds and got limits of nice blacks, blues and olives.
- Tried for salmon today but after 3 hours of nothing biting we went nearshore and limited out on BIG blacks, blues and olives and two nice lingcod.
- Salmon fishing was slow today due to a low weather system. We hooked into 4 nice fish and got one in the boat to 16 pounds.
- Rockcod fishing today and great water and lots of fish. Limits of BIG blacks and olives. Hooked into three lings that we never got to see.
- Nice day again on the water but the fish were scattered. Not many fish caught anywehere but we did hook into 6 and landed 4 very nice salmon to 20 pounds.
- Perfect day on the water and perfect day catching fish. Limits by 10:00AM. Biggest 26 pounds, second biggest 22 pounds, the rest averaged 14 pounds.
- Maintenance day and 1/2 day Commercial salmon fishing. We did real good. All fish sold within 30 minutes.
- Blew hard today so we stayed closer to home and we were rewarded good! Hooked into 6 fish and got 5 in the boat to 16 pounds.
- Pretty calm day on the water all morning then it blew but not until we hooked into 6 fish and brought home 3 to 29.5 pounds! Lost a couple hogs today. Tomorrow we head for new fishing grounds.
- Nice weather again and the bait is starting to show up again. Fish are showing up again too. We hooked into 8 fish today and kept 5. Sealion got one and the other two were shorties. A couple humpback whales working in the same area.
- Weather laid down a bit but still slow catching for everyone. We spent all day and 45 miles looking and in the last 20 minutes boated two nice salmon. Oraca (killer whale) show today to boot.
- Water and wind changed today and the fish didn't like it. Hooked into two fish today. Fishing was pretty much off for everyone today.
- Whacked 'em today. Limits by 10:00AM plus crew fish. Fish are BIG. Biggest 30 pounds and several 20+ pounders. Smallest was 15 pounds! Fish were on fire today. Perfect weather.
- Water temp cooled off again and the bite was a little slower. Two short of limits today! Nice weather today.
- CrAzY fishing today. Bait came back in the area and the water temp breaks are all around making the birds and fish real active. We got into some of the best fishing so far this year with 8 hookups and 7 fish in the boat to 25 pounds! Our biggest fish and biggest average (16 pound average) of the season. Things look good for tomorrow too. We're geeting pretty booked up but we are working with other boats to help get you out on the fishing grounds. If you see we're already booked but the calendar shows more seats available on a second boat, give me a call and we'll see if we can get you out here.
- That didn't last long... cold air snap today but the water temp did come up a bit. Fish scattered again and only got two in the boat.
- Much better water today and much better catching! Put six BIG salmon to 18 pounds in the box and had another two no-shows. Things are looking better in the salmon grounds.
- Water a little stirred up but we did see a little more krill bait. Boated 3 nice salmon to 17 pounds. Had a nice little orca (killer) whale show too.
- Great water today but the water is still too cold to bring in the bait so the salmon are still scattered. We hooked into four and boated two.
- Now we're talkin! Wind B gone and fish B back. Real nice flat water today and boated 4 quality salmon to 15 pounds and lost two fish, one was.... BIG.
- WINDY again today. Of the six or so boats that wandered out into the salmon grounds today, nobody got a bite.
- WINDY today. Of the eight boats that wandered out into the salmon grounds today, nobody got a bite.
- Weather came in early and the fish got quiet again. Only eight hook ups today. Got blown off the fishing grounds early. No krill and no birds around today. Tomorrow is weathered out so maybe these new winds will blow in some warmer water and bait for Monday's trip.
- Now we're talking! Tried up the coast for a an hour+ but no fish so came back to the Soquel Hole and had 16 hookups! Perfect water today and nice quality fish. Tomorrow we start where we left off.
- Weather kept us in for past couple days till today. Water was nice but the high winds put a chill on the water and the bait has disappeared. Four hookups today but only one keeper. Tomorrow's blown out too so next report will be Friday.
- Another beautiful day on the water today. Fish are still scattered and finicky. Lot's of krill around and lot's of fish on the meter. Brought home two nice kings and hooked up the party with nice dungeness crab too!
- Today was the season opener for salmon. Beautiful day on the water today. Not too cold, not too windy. Unfortunately not too many fish caught either. Fish are really scattered and hopefully will start concentrating. We put on over 32 miles today with three hookups and just two nice salmon to 15 pounds to show for it. This was a slow opener for everyone. All charter boats combined averaged 2.5 fish per boat. The upside is these fish were not the 17 pound average meaning the bigger fish are on their way. Smaller fish always lead the school of fish.
Previous season fishing reports: